Voice authentications – 5 reasons for YES
Voice authentication is a type of authorization that uses voice to log in or confirm your identity. Each person has unique voice characteristics that are unique and distinguish them from others. Thanks to this voice identification is possible and it is slowly becoming a part of our everyday life because according to statistics 50% of the population accepts this method as a method of authorization.
What are the benefits of voice authentication? 5 reasons to be with voice biometrics for YES.
1. Convenience of use. Authorization by voice is very easy, it does not require remembering passwords or codes which each of us has several to be able to function in the digital world around us. We are solely recognized by our unique voice.
2. High degree of security much higher than in traditional methods such as a pin. At the beginning, we eliminate the number of attacks and extortions we deal with today, mainly on the Internet through so-called phishing. More and more people are falling victim to pin or data theft for financial extortion purposes. CSiRT NASK in 2021 noted that there were as much as 182% more cyberattacks of this kind compared to the previous year, so the scale of online crimes is still growing. With voice authorization, in order to obtain 100% security, we can use two-step verification, it's then very strong and eliminates the possibility of any other person or avatar impersonating us.
3. Availability. An unquestionable advantage of biometric authorization through voice is that it can be used by anyone including people with limited abilities such as visually impaired or blind people. According to the data of the Central Statistical Office, in Poland, there are nearly 2 billion of such people and 3 billion are people with a certified disability - more than 10% of the whole society. Therefore we eliminate to a large extent the barriers related to digital exclusion.
4. Touchlessness. Nowadays, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, this is a big advantage. The implementation of that contactless solution protects our health and becomes a priority factor. That is why voice biometrics is our "number 1". Voice biometrics is listed among the TOP 10 technologies of the future in the McKinsey report next to AI, IoT, Blockchain, 3D Printing, Quantum Computers and Genomics.
5. Not required the installation of additional devices. A token and other devices of this type are not needed. Authorization takes place only through natural speech. For B2B customers it also reduces the costs associated with the purchase and maintenance of such devices.